Evaluation Theories and Models
Learn how evaluation theory can improve your work!
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain how evaluation theories and models contribute to improved evaluation practice;
- Identify four “families” of evaluation theories;
- Describe the characteristics of five widely-used evaluation models:
- Utilization-focused evaluation;
- Practical participatory evaluation;
- Theory-driven evaluation;
- Realist evaluation;
- Transformative evaluation; and
- Use each approach to plan an evaluation.
Estimated Time to Complete: 6 hours
Prerequisites: Familiarity with evaluation concepts and practices
Evaluation Competencies addressed: [ ] reflective; [x] technical; [x] situational; [ ] management; [ ] interpersonal.
Note: For all self-paced courses on the e-Institute you have three months to complete the course, starting from the date of purchase.