This course provides step-by-step instructions for designing surveys, developing questions, preparing for the analysis of survey data, and reporting. A case study allows you to practice the concepts and techniques introduced in the course.
This self-paced offering is for people who understand the fundamentals of evaluation and evaluation planning, but would like to improve their skills for planning, developing and deploying surveys.
This course does not cover the analysis of survey data – for guidance on analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, check out our other courses Stats in Excel 1: Tidy Data Sets & Descriptive Statistics and Qualitative Analysis & Reporting.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Plan a survey based on the measurement objectives and existing constraints;
- Develop an appropriate sampling plan;
- Design surveys that are free from bias and meet the identified information needs;
- Manage the implementation of a survey; and
- Develop a simple analysis plan for the survey data.
Estimated time to complete: 6 -10 hours
Prerequisites: Knowledge of evaluation planning
Evaluation Competencies addressed: [ ] reflective; [x] technical; [x] situational; [ ] management; [ ] interpersonal.
Note: For all self-paced courses on the e-Institute you have three months to complete the course, starting from the date of purchase.