Great Graphs – Design Principles (Registration opens October 1, 2020)
Registration Open October 1, 2020 to October 31, 2020
Through a partnership with Ann Emery, a renowned excel and data viz guru the CES e-Institute is pleased to offer Great Graphs – Design Principles. This software-agnostic data visualization course walks you through a step-by-step design process. You’ll learn how to customize your visualization for your audience; choose the right chart for your message; declutter your visuals so that viewers’ attention is focused on the data; reinforce your branding with custom colour palettes and typography; and increase accessibility by ensuring that your visuals are legible for people with colour vision deficiencies. Finally, you’ll learn to tell a story through dark colours (saturation), explicit titles, and call-out boxes (annotations).
Estimated Time to Complete: about 20 hours with lifetime access to course materials
Prerequisites: Working knowledge of Excel
Evaluation Competencies addressed: [ ] reflective; [X] technical;  situational; [ ] management; [ ] interpersonal.
Registration is open from October 1, 2020 to October 31, 2020.
The course begins November 1, 2020.
Great Graphs will help you create your own before/after data visualization makeovers.
The course includes:
- The equivalent of a 2-day workshop
- 22+ handouts and templates
- 117+ recorded lessons
- Software-agnostic data visualization principles
- Before/after makeovers inspired by research, evaluation, and analytics teams
- Examples from a variety of industries (public health, government, education, grantmaking, international development, hospitals, universities, and more)
- Practical how-tos in Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, & R
- A team of 14 instructors
- 2 live Office Hours sessions every month
- Private Facebook community
- Lifetime access
Check out the full list of course topics.
Click here to register. The course begins November 1, 2020.
Feel like you need to brush up on your excel skills, enroll in Simple Spreadsheets and get a 30% discount on your second course. Discounts cannot be combined with other discounts.